Monday, June 6, 2011

Ferris

Our boy is here! Ferris Theo Caligiuri was born June 1 at 8:32 a.m., measuring 7 lb. 4 oz. and 19 in.

Photobucket

So tiny, even though he arrived 5 days late; I guess he just needed some extra time to cook. There are so many different birth stories, and you never know which one has your name on it. The abbreviated public blog appropriate version of ours: Nick sweetly told our families "Erica kicked giving birth's ass!" I did! My water broke around midnight, and after 8 hours in the hospital and a mere 8 minutes of pushing, he was here! The time flew by, it was unbelievable how fast midnight turned into Wednesday morning. They put him on my chest, and he didn't look anything like I expected. It's so funny how that one split second clears up all the wondering and waiting about who your baby will be. It's too much for one little second to bear. The doctor asked who we thought he looked like: Nick said, "Erica" and I said, "A random old man." After further deliberation, I think he looks like my brother and Nick thinks he looks like his brother. How about I post 800 pictures so you can decide for yourself?! 

Photobucket
6 hours old
Photobucket
In the hospital, he looks like a little elf in the sweater my grandma made for him
Photobucket
Meeting Newman, who jumped back after he realized that Ferris can move

Photobucket
First day home (Friday-2 days old), still has moments of confusion about being on the outside

Photobucket
One of my favorites

Photobucket
Frog legs

Photobucket
Adoration

Photobucket
BUT I DON'T WANNA GO TO A STATE SCHOOL!

Photobucket
Batman likes to lick his feet

Photobucket
5 days old (today!)

Photobucket
So flexible!

Photobucket

We came home on Friday, and have been having such a great time hibernating with Ferris. Nick is such a a great daddy, which is unbelievable for a guy who had barely held a baby before. I am doing great- I made cupcakes, painted my nails, and we've taken him on little walks for the past few days. He's only 5 days old but already the time is passing too quickly and I get teary about silly things like cutting off his hospital band, or putting away his first hat that was covered in gunk and blood. I wish I could hit rewind and do it all over again and again and again.


1 comment:

Lynnea said...

I'm so glad these early days of motherhood have been so good to you. And I love the name! I wish we weren't so far away from each other, because I can't wait to meet him. :)